A fascinating principle to see in action is the development and rise of opposition. As the tide of thought or action moves in one direction, inevitably, there is a counterbalancing movement. A dichotomist response—born out of the revelation that the original movement has gone to an extreme—begins simply as an effort to offset or compensate for the first movement. Yet, so often we observe the responsive movement to be an extreme in itself. Case in point: feminism and neomasculinity.
Since the early 1900’s, we’ve seen considerable shifts in how society views women, and subsequently how women view themselves. These shifts have led to considerable changes in the socio-economic structure of Western (i.e. Euro-centric) society. While we have to acknowledge correlation is not causality, there are interesting parallels in timing between the rise of feminism and the fall of the quintessential middle-class family. This article doesn’t dive in to those parallels, but many writers have.
Now 100 years in to the feminist movement, we are seeing a growing contrasting response. Generally referred to as red pill or neomasculine culture, groups of like-minded males are vocally admonishing the feminist agenda. By embracing traditional masculinity and gender roles, a purely antithetical ethos to feminism has been established.
As the male-dominated movement has grown, the nature of the response has become increasingly dominated by the negative; more catharsis than carefully constructed argument.
Additionally, I see little in the way of encouragement, thoughtful criticism, or tangible plan-of-action. Some of the most vocal supporters of neomasculinity, who then become the face of the movement, appear to hate women (i.e. Paul Elam, Dean Esmay, RooshV). It reminds me of the Southern Baptist groups protesting gay marriage by holding up signs saying “God hates gays.” The very nature of the message completely destroys any chance of intelligent debate or change.
The resulting response from feminists and mainstream media is the neomasculine movement is driven purely by petulant boys, trolling Jezebel forums in their mother’s basement, dreaming of their first sexual encounter.
While I’m sure there are some guys out there who fit this description, it no more accurately describes the neomasculine male than does a female, 45-year-old divorcé, with 35% body fat and 4 cats accurately embody the average feminist. Having inadvertently allowed such a negative perception to be applied to neomasculinity directly undermines what real men are trying to accomplish.
I believe we are at a point where—as men who are capable of leading—we are responsible for guiding the pendulum back towards the middle. Just making your voice louder does not guarantee that it is heard. Aggressively undercutting your opponent may lead to their destruction, but the resulting heap may not be worth salvaging. What we need is a tactical approach that results in an optimal solution for all parties.
Because men are uniquely suited to band together over a common interest or goal, we are already naturally positioned to take control of this situation.
The key point here is: this is not a battle against women. It is a battle against other males who have allowed feminism to alter their view of women.
Men have always controlled society because they have always founded society. Men have strength. Men rule. Men define social constructs. So how is it we have allowed feminism to stay afloat for so long? Because too many men have become pathetic shells; psychologically castrated by the women they hope to please and win over. It is more common now for men to attempt to win a woman’s heart by being her friend instead of being her superior. In doing so, these males are no longer men, and ultimately find themselves controlled by a sex naturally disposed to manipulation and deception (read: feminine wiles).
Now is the time to be men of action and character, treating women with respect, while putting them in their place whenever they attempt to overstep their bounds.
Now is the time to lead as men of discernment and fortitude, refuting and breaking down the saddest examples of males today, then showing them how a real man handles himself. Lesson one: a man never allows himself to be dictated to by a woman.
This was a man’s world for millennia, and what we had accomplished is nothing short of a miracle. It is past time we re-establish ourselves and provide balance to the current see-saw of man versus woman that dominates the cultural narrative.
Be a Leader of Neomasculinity
In the spirit of action, I propose the following:
1. Vote out all political representatives who support the feminist agenda (it sounds a lot like equality, redistribution of wealth, and adding social services).
2. Ignore those women who you know have ridden the (cock) carousel. They are good for nothing but a one-night-stand. Do not try to save them. Do not enter into a relationship with them. In this way we can reset the balance of power.
3. Teach your daughters to respect and listen to the “man of the house.” If anyone ever says to you “she has you wrapped around her finger,” then know you’re failing as a father.
4. Do not do any favors for any woman you are not in a relationship with. Your time is valuable and should not be freely given to a woman.
5. Create balance in your influences. Read more books and less Twitter feeds. Turn off the TV. Social conditioning is a powerful destabilizer of emotion and influencer of thought. Practice critical thinking rather than unfiltered consumption.
6. Move away from general women bashing, and instead find constructive ways to regularly exert and celebrate your masculine side. Play physical sports. Construct something, whether it be a building or a ditch. Stop apologizing. Build strength in body and character. Be the leader in your sexual relationships and make it clear you will not tolerate an ounce of feminist bullshit.
Openly celebrating the dichotomy of feminism and masculinity, while shunning all attempts at blending the sexes, will stymie the cultural Marxism we see taking place today. We are men and thus we are responsible for the world we live in. Time to swing the pendulum back to where it belongs.